Ditch your dirty electricity company, support renewables and help GetUp all at once!
For the past couple of years, a powerful consumer movement has been building to take the power back from the dirty polluters.
Almost 20,000 GetUp members in New South Wales, Victoria and South East Queensland have joined GetUp’s Better Power campaign, switching away from some of Australia’s biggest, dirtiest polluters to an affordable, greener energy company.
Are you ready to join them?
Our Better Power campaign targets the Big Three energy polluters — AGL, Origin and EnergyAustralia — by mobilising their customers to vote with their wallets and switch to a greener alternative.
By joining the Better Power campaign, you diminish the social licence of these polluters as well as have a real-life effect on their profits.
Plus, you get the benefit of knowing your new power company is part of the solution, not the problem.
Our energy partner Powershop is an innovative force in the market that’s twice been ranked Australia’s greenest power company by Greenpeace.1
Powershop are backed by the 100% renewable energy generator, Meridian Energy. They are Australia’s first and only 100% certified carbon neutral electricity retailer, which means all their operations are offset with carbon credits.
Solar owners can enjoy the same rates and discounts as other customers, with an 8.2ckWh feed in tariff — 52.2c kWh for those eligible for the Queensland Bonus Scheme.
Not only that, but for everyone who switches to Powershop via Better Power, GetUp gets a financial contribution, which goes towards funding our campaigns.
That means more resources to fight the Adani mega-mine and protect the Reef; more funds to campaign for renewable energy and more capacity to drive the political change needed if we are going to avoid catastrophic climate change.
Why switch to Powershop?
- Powershop don’t believe in discrimination and for this reason all Powershop customers have access to the same great deal. They offer a guaranteed discount and an additional discount if you pay your bill online and on time, when prompted. Powershop’s online account and mobile app also make payment a quick and easy process, simply log in and pay using your credit card, bank details or BPay. Find out how to get the best Powershop discounts.
- Powershop have a 60-day guarantee and no lock-in contracts or exit fees — giving you confidence to trial a greener power company.
- Powershop’s online tools and apps make it easy to track your electricity usage and costs so you can gain more control over your electricity bills and actively reduce your environmental impact.
- Powershop are Australia's first and only 100% carbon-neutral electricity company and are owned by Meridian Energy Limited, Australasia’s largest 100% renewable energy generator.
- Rooftop solar owners can access the same rates as non-solar owners, while also receiving a generous feed-in tariff.
- GetUp receives a financial contribution for every person that switches via the Better Power campaign, which goes towards funding our important work in the environmental sector.
By switching to Powershop you can help do your part to save the planet. You can switch to a greener electricity provider in around 5 minutes online or over the phone, just call 1800 658 433.
1. Greenpeace Green Electricity Guide 2014 & 2015.